Do you actively make sure your child’s teeth are cleaned every single day? Just as with oral hygiene habits with adults, young children need to have their teeth cleaned and cared for on a daily basis. Listed below are a few tips and techniques to use for brushing your child’s teeth:
– You should begin brushing your child’s teeth from the time the first tooth grows in until they can safely do the task themselves.
– Be sure to bring your child in for an oral examination to their pediatrician before they turn one year of age.
– For children under 3 years of age, a rice-sized dab of toothpaste should be used. For children 3-6, a pea-sized dab of toothpaste should be used.
– Use toothpaste that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance and has been recommended or approved by your child’s pediatrician.
– Never share utensils or dental cleaning tools between you and your child.
– Always use a toothbrush with soft bristles.
– Brush your child’s teeth at least twice every day.
If you would like to have your child’s teeth inspected by our team at Who Does Your Teeth, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Jeffrey Neal and our team at our pediatric office in Henrico, Virginia. To schedule a visit, please call us at 804-447-1435. We look forward to seeing you soon!