Are you prepared for oral accidents that may arise? Although there are many treatments out there for a variety of oral health ailments, it’s best to deal with any hazardous situations before they even begin. However, in some cases, damage to your teeth and gums is done very quickly, so you must shield your mouth from any harm that could come your way.
Listed below are some risks that are often present in our everyday lives that you should stay away from or exercise caution with:
– Never open anything with your mouth, as this is a straightforward way to break your teeth or damage your gums.
– If you play any contact sports, make sure to equip the appropriate safety gear to not only protect your mouth and jaw from damage but also your overall health as well.
– Bad habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco significantly increase your risk for tooth discoloration, gum disease, and oral cancer.
– Many types of lip and mouth jewelry are made of metal or a hard substance that can easily crack or chip your teeth, or even break off and cause infections, gum damage, and become choking hazards.
– Some food and edibles may be a bit too tough on our teeth, resulting in cracks, fractures, split teeth, and chips, including corn on the cob, hard candy apples, oversized candy canes, and ice.
If you would like to schedule an oral examination with Who Does Your Teeth, simply call our dentist office at 804-447-1435 for an appointment in Henrico, Virginia. Dr. Jeffrey Neal and the rest of our team look forward to helping correct your smile so it can shine brightly for many years to come!