At Who Does Your Teeth, we work hard to care for your smile so that you can have continued oral health after leaving our office. However, we cannot do it alone, and it is important that you care for your teeth at home. Although Dr. Jeffrey Neal recommends daily brushing and flossing, some people are not sure how to perform these daily habits properly. We invite you to review our tips about proper dental home care techniques in Henrico, Virginia, so you can provide maximum protection to your teeth. For more information, or if you have questions and want to set up an appointment with our dentist, please contact us today at 804-447-1435.
During your time at our office, our team works hard to improve your oral health. It is essential, however, that you continue taking care of your smile at home through consistent oral hygiene. This includes a number of daily habits, particularly brushing twice a day and flossing at least once a day. To help you carry out these dental hygiene habits properly, we recommend that you follow these simple steps:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Hold your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gums and brush in a circular motion.
- Be sure to brush the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of your teeth.
- Remember the 2×2 rule: brush 2 times a day for 2 minutes.
- Use about 18 inches of floss.
- Wind the majority of the floss around your middle or pointer finger on each hand, leaving about two inches in between your fingers.
- Hold the floss between with your thumb and pointer finger, and hold it tightly.
- Slide the floss up and down between your teeth.
- Curve the floss around the base of your teeth and go just beneath the gum line, but do not force it.
- Use a clean section of floss between each tooth.
If you have questions about how to properly brush or floss your teeth, we invite you to visit or call our office today. Our dentist and hygienists are happy to help you care for your smile.